Over the past decade, non-surgical aesthetic treatments have gained their place and popularity among the masses. Finally, there are new options to look younger safely without going under the knife. As a result, dermal fillers have become the procedure of choice for aesthetic doctors and patients.
Profhilo® IS the most buzzed-about non-invasive treatment in recent years. However, you might have some confusion and uncertainty when it comes to its results and reliability. In this discussion, you’re going to get all that you ever wanted to know about Profhilo in Singapore. Such as what is Profhilo®? What makes it different from other face-lifting procedures? Who is the suitable candidate? All these questions and queries are going to be filled in today in this blog.
What is Profhilo®?
Consider Profhilo® as an “injectable moisturiser” with skin remodelling functions. Profhilo® is an anti-ageing injectable made from hyaluronic acid (HA), designed to address skin losing its elasticity and firmness with age. Profhilo® is known to bio-stimulate four types of collagen and elastin. The potent concentration of Hyaluronic Acid is injected just below the skin’s surface, where it spreads and disperses quickly to boost hydration in the skin. In addition, the slow release of HA ensures natural bio-remodelling of the skin and gives improved skin laxity and quality that lasts up to 12 months after a course of 2 treatments.
Profhilo® entry as weightless lift
Profhilo® was first introduced in 2015 by the Italian company as a “game-changer” non-surgical anti-ageing treatment, and it only hit Singapore shores in 2018. Unlike the other dermal fillers meant to give volume, Profhilo® is made from high and low molecular non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid. Containing 64mg of hyaluronic acid per 2ml syringe makes it the highest hyaluronic acid injectable, about 3 to 5 times higher than most skin boosters in the beauty aesthetic market in Singapore. In addition, Profhilo® stimulates collagen and elastin naturally to give you an improved and subtle lifting effect.
What is a 3D ‘Biomodelling’ Treatment?
Profhilo is sometimes termed as a 3D Biomodeling treatment. The HA in Profhilo® is both low molecular weight (L-HA) and high molecular weight (H-HA) and non-cross-linked. Through a patented process (NAHYCO® Hybrid Technology), the L-HA and H-HA chains in Profhilo® interact to form a Hybrid Cooperative Complex (HCC) with unique rheological properties.
The structure of hyaluronic acid complexes in Profhilo® additionally construct elastin and collagen in the skin to strengthen the support scaffold of the skin, whereas the injectable moisturisers build collagen, which gives Profhilo® its mild lifting and also tightening effect.
Areas of treatment with Profhilo®
Profhilo® not addresses the issues related to your face but also rejuvenates the areas that are often neglected in your daily skincare routine. Studies of Profhilo® have proven tissue regenerating properties allowing safe and effective treatment of hard-to-treat areas, like the folds and crepey decolletage and vertical wrinkles around the lip area.
Indeed many of us take care of our faces but often neglect other parts of our bodies. For example, few of us honestly do the job by applying creams and sunscreen on the hands, chest, or neck.
Profhilo® is an all-round formula that targets the areas:
- décolletage/cleavage/lower neck
What Do Profhilo® Treatments Involve?
The treatment with Profhilo® is simple.
- Profhilo® involves two treatments spaced four weeks apart. The results can last up to 12 months.
- There are 5 Bio aesthetic points (BAP), the injection sites where the doctor injects Profhilo® into your facial skin. This unique injection technique of only a maximum of 5 tiny entry points per side of the face. It is a safe, effective procedure with minimal discomfort. The treatment with PROFHILO takes between 5-10 minutes.
- The product is then uniformly distributed under the skin and stimulates multiple types of collagen and elastin. You will witness the results with every day that goes by.
Who is a suitable candidate for Profhilo®?
Profhilo® is a universal product that suits any age group from the late 20s and older. However, there are precisely two categories where Profhilo® is indicated:
- The younger patients from late 20s and older want to maintain their natural look by allowing the body to regenerate itself by stimulating collagen and elastin production within the skin cells.
- The category includes older and mature patients. They wish to address the issues of collagen depletion with age and want to achieve suppleness and firmness and the correction of fine lines and wrinkles.
For both the patient categories, administration of Profhilo® results in the skin that include:
- Hydrated skin
- Tighter and firmer skin tone
- Radiant and glowing texture
- Clear and smooth skin surface
How Long Does Profhilo® Last?
- Profhilo® is an inside-out anti-ageing facial treatment that lasts up to one year. The patient must repeat the treatment anywhere from 9 months to one year to maintain the ideal results.
- Patients can repeat this treatment after six months if they wish to attain more desirable results.
- Overdoing with Profhilo® is almost impossible because stimulation of cell renewal occurs beneath the skin, so there’s no risk of puffiness and bloated and treated appearance.
No one can see the treatment area as Profhilo® is the undercover treatment. Even a professional eye can’t spot it.
The final verdict
It is meant for those patients who wish to rejuvenate from inside rather than filling something in the lines and wrinkles. It is also perfect for the Singapore lifestyle as it has very minimal downtime, suitable as a lunchtime treatment.
Profhilo treatment is designed for patients in their late 20s and older. The treatment gives both preventive and restorative attributes. Unlike the traditional dermal fillers, it does not stay where it is placed; instead, it is evenly distributed right after the injection and quickly absorbed into the deep dermis layers.
If you are looking for a treatment that does not sound like traditional volumising dermal filler treatment and you don’t want to look “changed” or “different”, Profhilo® is your way to go!