Smartxide CO2 Laser
What is it?
When it comes to addressing damaged skin textural concerns, CO2 laser remains the gold standard for skin resurfacing and texture renewal through strong collagen and elastin regeneration.
The DEKA Smartxide Fractional CO2 laser is a platform that delivers fractionated beams of CO2 laser into the skin via microchannels for purpose of producing well-controlled thermal damage that is not harsh on the skin yet delivers results. The fractional mode is proven to be less invasive and has a much shorter downtime compared to conventional ablative CO2 resurfacing lasers.
The in-built personalized pulse shape selection technology allows selection of up to 4 pulse shapes plus the Coolpeel mode, giving us the flexibility to treat various skin conditions ranging from stubborn scars, deep static lines and creases, rough skin with enlarged pores, to moles, oil seeds or any unsightly skin bumps, on any area of the face or body.
A versatile fractional CO2 skin resurfacing laser device that has proven superior treatment efficacy and high patient satisfaction.
What can it address?
- Textural damage e.g. sun-damaged, age spots
- Scarring (atrophic or hypertrophic, keloid)
- Fine lines and static wrinkles
- Enlarged pores
- Skin smoothening and rejuvenation
- Removes skin growths e.g. skin tags, milia (oil seeds), syringoma, moles, sebaceous keratosis or hyperplasia
- Stretch marks
Where can we target?
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the effect last?
The effect of each laser treatment generally lasts for 1 month.
What is the treatment interval?
We recommend repeating treatments on a 1-monthly basis for continued improvement of skin quality.
How soon will I see the effect?
The effect of the laser treatment can be felt almost immediately, and the skin continues to improve over the span of 2 weeks to 1 month.
Depending on skin condition, multiple sessions done on a regular basis are usually required to achieve good results.
How many sessions are required?
We recommend at least 4 to 6 sessions for see a good overall improvement. More sessions may often be required for stubborn scarring or deep lines and creases.
What to expect during treatment?
The treatment mainly feels hot with slight stinging discomfort. The treatment usually lasts for about 20-25 minutes. We will apply a layer numbing cream 30 minutes before the procedure to ensure comfort throughout the entire procedure.
Redness and slight swelling of the skin can often be seen at the end of treatment.
Is there any downtime?
Yes, there will be a short downtime of 5 to 7 days. For the first 24 hours, redness with stinging sensation (especially when washing of face) will be experienced. For the next 2 to 3 days, the redness will gradually subside.
Thereafter from day 4 to 7, the skin starts to heal with multiple pin-point light brown crusting that will be seen on the skin surface. The skin will also feel rough and grainy and this is expected. Allow the tiny crusts to shed off naturally and new skin will reveal from beneath.
Are the results permanent?
Yes, skin issues that have been successfully addressed do not usually return as a result of cessation of treatments.
However, skin creases, bumps or growths that form as a result of ageing are often unpreventable.
As such, maintenance of clear skin with regular laser treatments, sun avoidance, sunscreen as well as medical grade skin lightening products still form the mainstay preventive factors to avoid rapid ageing of the skin.
What is the post-treatment care?
- Only use gentle cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen throughout the 7 days of healing
- Do not use exfoliating scrubs, retinol based or AHA/BHA products until fully healed
- Try to stay indoor for the next 3 days
- Avoid touching the treated areas
- Avoid taking alcohol on the day of treatment
- Apply cold packs or soothing masks to areas of redness or swelling, if any
- Avoid vigorous exercise (running, swimming, heavy weights training) for at least 2 to 3 days
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for the next 1 to 2 weeks
- Apply makeup only after skin has completely healed
- Start a skin lightening medical grade skincare product to achieve the best results
What is the estimated price per session?
Depending on the type of the condition being treated, the price of Smartxide CO2 Laser starts from $150 per session.
LASERS AND LIGHTS