Do you ever have that pressing need to remove your tattoos? And you’re googling the tattoo removal services in Singapore? According to a recent study, over 38% of people have tattoos in their life. This article will explore some of the reasons for getting tattoos and why some want them removed eventually. We’ll also explain why Pico laser is currently one of the most effective treatments for tattoo removal.
Why do people get tattoos?
- Association with tribes or groups.
- Something personal and meaningful.
- Fashion accessory.
- Expression of individuality
- To hide body imperfections (i.e. scars).
Why do people decide to get their tattoos removed?
- The tattoo is of poor quality.
- A bad decision.
- The tattoo has faded.
- Job requirement.
- Ink allergy
- Not limited to these reasons, getting blank canvas again and running out of space could also be the potential reasons for tattoo removal.
How does Pico laser help in tattoo removal?
Laser tattoo removal is the ideal treatment of choice, given its safety and effectiveness. It removes tattoo colour pigments without harming the healthy skin around it.
Pico laser tattoo removal is preferred because:
- Pico laser generates energy in pulses equal to one trillionth of a second, unlike the conventional laser technique used for tattoo removal, which uses nanosecond technology.
- Photomechanical impact of laser energy delivers the maximally short bursts by Pico laser.
- The technique helps in shattering the ink into more petite and tiny parts, making it easy for your body to eliminate them.
Is The Pico Tattoo Removal Treatment Painful?
We will apply a topical anaesthetic cream that is routinely applied for 20 minutes before treatment. Blasts of -20 degrees Zimmer cool airprotects the treatment area and increases comfort levels throughout the laser treatment. Depending on the individual, there might be some discomfort during the procedure, but it is usually very well tolerated. Upon request (usually for larger tattoos), you can also take oral painkillers before the tattoo removal treatment.
What can I expect after treatment?
After the laser, the treated area will be covered with a sterile dressing, and we will also give an antibiotic cream to aid with healing. Once home, you can also apply ice to the area to help reduce redness and discomfort.
How many sessions of Pico laser are required to remove a tattoo?
Certain factors influence the effectiveness of tattoo removal. Hence it is advised to schedule a consultation with our doctor to determine the ideal treatment regime. Often people get their tattoos removed within 3 to 5 treatment sessions, spacing 6 to 8 weeks apart.
The tattoo removal isn’t an overnight fix. Our best advice is to consider carefully before getting a tattoo. You would need patience and perseverance. However, no matter the reasons for having and removing tattoos, Pico laser is a safe and effective treatment, comfortable eve for those with low pain tolerance levels. Therefore, we recommend you search for safe, professional and scientific tattoo removal services in Singapore before you go for it.