Hair Loss(Alopecia) is a common issue for both genders and can affect your scalp or entire body. Hair loss treatment Singapore is a sought after treatment in medical clinics. Hair loss can be temporary or permanent, occurring more common in men than women; it can result from hormonal changes, heredity, other medical conditions, and a normal part of ageing.
Hair is made up of mainly Keratin, a protein produced in the hair follicles in the outer layer of your skin. Every time the hair follicle produces new hair cells, the old cells are pushed through the skin surface at 6 inches a year. So, on average, the adult head has 100,000 – 150,000 hair and loses up to 100 hair per day.
Each hair follicle has its life cycle that depends on multiple factors such as age, disease, and various medical and environmental conditions. The total life cycle of hair follicle consists of three phases:
- Anagen — active hair growth that generally lasts between 2 to 8 years
- Catagen — transitional hair growth that lasts 2 to 3 weeks
- Telogen — resting phase that lasts about 2 to 3 months
At the end of the resting phase, aged hair is shed, new hair is replaced, and the growing cycle starts again.
Causes of hairloss
Typically hair loss is related to one or more of the following factors:
Genetics is the most common cause of hair loss associated with hereditary conditions with ageing, known as androgenic alopecia-male-pattern hair baldness and female-pattern baldness.
Several conditions related to hormonal changes and medical illness often contribute to hair loss, which can be temporary or permanent. Reasons include hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause, childbirth, and thyroid problems. Also, immune system disorders include alopecia areata, which causes patchy hair loss. In addition, scalp infections such as ringworms and hair-pulling disorders also impact hair loss.
Medications and supplements
Certain medications and supplements can contribute to hair loss, side effects of anti-cancer therapy, arthritis, heart disease, depression, gout, and high blood pressure medications also caused hair loss. In addition, in cases involving cancer radiation therapy, the hair may not grow back as usual.
Often people experience hair loss followed by emotional shock and mental stress. This type of hair loss is temporary.
Hairstyles and treatments
Hairstyling that pulls the hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a hair loss problem called traction alopecia. Hot-oil treatments also may cause hair loss, and if the scarring occurs, the hair loss could be permanent.
When to seek hair loss treatment Singapore
Ideally, it would help look for hair treatment when you notice persistent hair loss. It is often a costly mistake to wait, thinking it will recover independently. For example, consult your doctor for early treatment to avoid permanent baldness for men and women who see a receding hairline (frontal fibrosing alopecia). Also, you need to opt for hair loss treatment Singapore quickly if you experience sudden or patchy hair loss or if the hair loss is unusual when combing or washing your hair.
Calecim AHS-A Stem Cell Therapy for Hair Regeneration
Stem cells are known for their repair and regenerative properties by secreting cytokines-proteins responsible for cell repair and regeneration. With age, the production of cytokines depletes, which causes a slower regenerative cycle, and healing takes longer than usual.
What is Calecim Professional Advanced Hair System?
Calecim stem cell serum is the potent formula and mixture of proteins derived from a patented source of umbilical cord lining. It consists of cytokines and growth factors that promote scalp health and helps in hair regrowth and rejuvenation. The proteins strengthen the tissues while the growth factors speed up the process of hair regeneration. As this hair loss treatment Singapore is gentle and natural with no side effects.
Calecim AHS, stem cell treatment, can be done on its own or complement other hair restoration procedures and used after hair transplant.
Treatment protocols and application
The Calecim Professional AHS involves two ways of delivery to the scalp- Application alone and in conjunction with hair transplant.
In this application micro-needling method is involved, where the serum is applied through a derma stamp, derma roller, or derma pen.
- Disinfect the scalp with 0.5% Chlorhexidine.
- Apply 2.5ml of Calecim AHS and needle at the targeted area using 0.5mm-1mm long micro-needles of derma stamp.
- After micro-needling with a derma stamp, apply an additional 1.5ml and massage evenly and gently into the scalp.
- The remaining 1ml of Calecim AHS could be applied by the patient at home over the next day.
- Ideally, patients should not wash their hair 24-48 hours after the treatment.
2. Application in conjunction with hair transplant
- The patient needs to apply 1ml of Calecim AHS immediately to the donor area and implant area after hair transplantation.
- Patients should be advised to take the remaining 3ml of Calecim AHS at home and apply a few drops periodically over the next three days.
Results after treatment
The scalp starts to become healthy after 4-6 months of treatment for moderate to severe cases. However, you can experience lesser hair loss in less severe cases as early as 2-4 weeks after the treatment. Your doctor will also advise you to adopt lifestyle modification to speed up the process of hair regrowth.
Depending on the seriousness of the hair loss, patients are advised to closely follow up and monitor the treatment program for at least 3-6 months.
- Natural ingredients hence no side effects
- Anti-inflammatory properties target the inflammation in hair follicles and post-transplant inflammation
- Expediate cell growth (Dermal Papilla Cells) in hair follicles
- Stimulates hair follicle development and regeneration
- Painless procedure
No Downtime- Patients can resume their daily routine right after the treatment